Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wild Art Walk

   Today was the day that I have been looking forward to ever since Pete and I first heard about this event: the creamers field wild art walk.  It is an annual event where local artists set up booths and you can walk from tent to tent trying to locate your next prized possession.  Despite the fact that it looked like it was going to start pouring rain at any moment, it did not disappoint. 

  I left with a print that I adore (and am already thinking that I should have gotten a painting that I saw but wasn't ready to commit...) and had a great time walking around with Savannah looking at the different styles of art.  The majority of the art was nature themed, understandable considering where we live.  After the art walk Savannah and I officially dropped off our registration packets for the Midnight Sun 10k on June 18th, a race that begins at 10pm and finishes before midnight to celebrate the summer solstice when we truly have 24 hours of daylight.  Summer is alive and flourishing here in Fairbanks, it is time to enjoy it.


Today I miss looking at artwork with you and having you give me that extra little nudge convincing me to buy something so that I don't go home and have regrets and helping me decide where to hang things.

1 comment:

  1. I know it has to be hard for you. Hang in there. Time will pass and you and your other half will be back together soon.

    ReplyDelete