Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Leaving on a jetplane

  Tonight Gatsby and I leave for our two week vacation home to Boston to see my family and then head to Washington D.C. for Dan and Erin's wedding where I will see my in-laws and I am so excited I can hardly take it!  This will be the first time to head home since moving to Alaska and it couldn't have come at a better time.  After working the last three nights and getting the first terrifying email that 3 soldiers from Pete's brigade were killed on Monday by an I.E.D I am ready to get away from Fairbanks and be around the people that I love most, relax, and enjoy some pampering.  Adios Fairbanks, hello east coast, civilization, Target, and Chipotle!



Today I miss having Pete to travel with and his shoulder for me to sleep on during flights.

1 comment:

  1. By sleep on you mean drool on, right? :)
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete