Friday, August 26, 2011

heading south

  Tonight after work Gatsby and I had our dinner outside on our patio and I must admit, that it got us both a little depressed.  Overhead all of the geese that we were so excited to see last spring are officially heading south for the winter.  There were at least 10 different 'flying V's' of  about 30 birds heading south all honking to let us know that Alaska has been fun, but they aren't that crazy to stick around for the winter.  Gatsby and I both looked at each other realizing that the long winter is coming, and that even the birds are smart enough to get out of town.  Every morning it is a little bit colder and I am sad to say that it I have officially started driving to work rather than bike because of the frost on the ground...it is chilly!  It is going to be a long winter and I must admit that morale is a little low thinking about the dark and the cold.  I just keep telling myself that this can be done and it will be done.  Wishing I was a bird and able to fly south and head to Boston for the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment