Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello and Goodbye!

   Alright I know that I have been bad about blogging the past few days and everyone probably assumes that since Pete just got home I am taking a break from blogging.  You are right.  Well, only sort of right.  Since Sunday (homecoming day we can call it..), it has been quite busy in the Dillon household.  Monday night I had my first FRG meeting with the unit Pete is deploying with and it was a potluck (FRG is an acronym for Family Readiness Group-it is a group that provides support to both soldiers and their families during deployments.  To many people it is a social/gossip group...).  I know, I know, how very "Army wife" of me, but I figure it will behoove me to get a little bit more plugged into the unit that Pete is leaving with so that I can be kept updated about what is going on.  Unfortunately, there were only 8 people there and I was the only person that was told it was a potluck and the broccoli rice and cheese casserole that I made was an awkward item to eat solo (in my defense, I was only supposed to bring a side item and I thought I would have a main dish to eat this with...).  I also found out that this group is extremely chaotic and doesn't have much leadership so any hope that I originally had of feeling more plugged in and maybe meet other wives that are similar to myself quickly dissolved.  Luckily Pete keeps me very informed of what is going on and what to expect so I will depend on that (some of the wives haven't heard from their husbands yet from NTC and didn't even know when they were coming home.  Ouch).  Regardless I feel like I should get some brownie army wife points for making the effort to become more involved in this crazy world that is the army.  I guess I will continue with my original plan of meeting people at the canine good citizen class, and the sewing class at Joann Fabrics. 
   I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the ED and everyday in the ED seems very busy.  I feel like all day I run around putting in IV's, giving pain or anti-nausea meds, getting sneezed and coughed on, and discharging patients.  I am kidding. Kind of.  I do quite a bit more but that definitely is how over half of my time is spent.  Luckily I am having fun doing these things (except the part where I get sneezed and coughed on...) so it makes the day go by extremely fast.
   Pete has been going into work for a few hours in the morning and then working on his skills as a 'house husband'.  Wednesday he had to drop off/pick up Gatsby from his grooming appointment, and today he had to clean the house and take Gatsby to his vet appointment so that Gatsby can get approval to go with us to the Bahamas.  Yes that is correct, we are taking our 15lb dog with us to the Bahamas.  Our flight leaves at 0120am Fairbanks time and we will fly all day and finally make it to Ft. Lauderdale Friday evening at 8:30pm.  This makes for a very long day but I am so excited about going to warmth and sunshine that I don't care, neither does Gatsby.

So this will be my last blog for 9 days because I will be relaxing and enjoying my time with my husband and dog at Kendall and Brett's wedding.

Here is to destination weddings when you need them the most.  Goodbye -30 degree weather, hello tropical sun and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment