Monday, February 28, 2011

Best. Feeling. Ever.

  I know that there are a lot of negatives about the military that I  have so kindly pointed out but I must admit that one of the best feelings in the entire world is finally seeing your loved one after an extended time away.  The excited drive to the tiny Fairbanks airport, the pacing waiting for Pete to come down the escalator (of course his flight was delayed 20 minutes so it lead to more pacing...) and then finally getting a glimpse of his ACU's and boots, then his ear to ear grin and his way too short of a haircut.  He is here.  And my heart feels happy.  Knowing that he is home and most importantly safe, feels so incredible.  I have the next month to be attached to his hip and I intend to do just that except for the 36 hours/week of work that I have to do :).   Here is to happy reunions and having my puzzle be complete for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment