Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Monday!

Today was a busy little Monday for me:

1)  I started my tanning membership as my final preparation for the Brendall Wenmark wedding in the Bahamas in less than a month.  I know what you are thinking-tanning is so bad for me!  I will turn into a prune!  I will definitely die of skin cancer in the next year!  All of these things might be true but I must admit that it was heaven.  The employee laughed at me when I told him I need to ease into this and start with 5 minutes, but 5 minutes was enough for me to find another happy place in Fairbanks.  Hopefully this level of commitment to prepare for the wedding will make it so I don't turn into a pealing lobster after setting foot on a beach.

2) I took my EKG test at work which they went out of their way to let me know that 90% of new hires fail it and that I will have 3 chances to pass it...yours truly got a 100%.  I guess I did learn a thing or two after working in the CCU for almost 5 years.

3) I have my first day in the ER tomorrow!!!!!!!  I went to the scrub machine to get my first pair of royal blue scrubs so that I won't be the nerdy girl that shows up for the first day and has to change.  I got some good intel. that most of the nurses come to work in scrubs and bring clothes to change into at the end of the day so they can return the scrubs/get new scrubs for the next shift. 

4) I decided that after being in Alaska for 60 days that I should probably make the move official and get my Alaskan drivers license.  I walked in without a care in the world...and then, they said I can go over to station 12 to take my written test.  This shouldn't be a big deal, I consider myself a good driver and I see the type of people driving next to me on a daily basis so this shouldn't be bad.  WRONG.  I can now say that I have officially failed my first driving test.



I had no idea that you need to turn on your turn signal 100ft before the turn (I picked 150ft, I'd like to think that should still be a correct answer because lets be serious, I would rather be safe than sorry!), or that the fine for have an underage child in your car who isn't wearing a seatbelt is $50.00 (I picked $100.00).  I feel like the fine should be higher than $50.00, maybe this will motivate me to try and change Alaskan laws.  Probably not, but it makes me thankful for the welcoming state that Virginia is that it doesn't require it's drivers to pass another driving test.  I felt like such a moron when I had to go to the front desk and tell them that I failed, I got the "aww I'm so sorry!".  Luckily I can retake the test on Wednesday and they gave me study manual so if I don't get a 100% on this thing I am going to be really annoyed.

Happy Monday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment