Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh Alaska...

     I know everyone was really concerned about my driving status so I am happy to report that I officially passed the Alaska driving test today.  I now have my Alaskan drivers license and I must admit, that it makes this entire move a little more official (as if living here for the past two months wasn't enough).  I would say that passing my test was by far the highlight of my day-yes, it was that kind of a day.  I picked up my 3 month old computer that died on me from the shop which is very exciting however I now have to download all of the things I actually use again i.e. skype, itunes, internet explorer, etc. and it has been a frustrating experience.  It is one of those days where I feel like I am not finishing anything, just coming close and putting it aside until I have things that I need to finish the task.  I thought that once Pete left my house would be perfectly clean all the time since he isn't here to clutter everything up but surprisingly, the house is almost the same as when he left and that is discouraging (don't get a big head Pete!).  There is just so much to do and now that I am working and have to finish stuff for work and orientation I just don't have the time that I thought I would to organize the office, hang pictures, and put the finishing touch on things.  I work tomorrow but I have designated Friday as the day that I will start making this house a home.   For now, I will enjoy my glass of wine, try and get our wireless printer connected to my computer, and watch toddlers and tiaras and think that my life could always be worse :). 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the drivers license! Our house is no longer a petri dish, so if you want to really feel better about your mess, come see ours! anytime, my friend. we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete