Tuesday, February 22, 2011

holy snowday!

  Sunday evening through Monday we got over two feet of snow and the smart lady that I am, I parked Pete's truck directly behind our one car garage so therefore I had to shovel it out in order to get to work on Monday.  Mornings like this I especially miss Pete where normally that is a task that can be assigned to the man of the house.  Unfortunately, Gatsby is now the man of the house and he was not able to provide much assistance with this task:

 But he had an awesome time playing in the snow prior to my 13 hour departure for work.


I admit this doesn't look that impressive, but I promise I definitely got a good cardiovascular workout in prior to work.  I'm not sure if this is because I am slightly out of shape or because of all the snow.  Working in the ER on a day where the roads were horrible and not plowed led to an extremely busy Monday.  Luckily I was able to make it to work with plenty of time to spare, and come how to a semi shoveled driveway.  I definitely learned my lesson that if snow is expected, don't park a car directly behind the garage where the 'safe' care is parked.  Rookie lesson number 98.  Fairbanks: I will learn the tricks to make this a successful adventure soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment