Thursday, February 24, 2011

I heard from Pete!!

   As the title explains, after 2 extremely long weeks I finally got a phone call from Pete from  NTC.  Considering it  was only supposed to be one week without any communication and everyday since then I have been attached to my phone, exactly two weeks later I finally got the call from a phone he had to sneak from the back of an ambulance.  Typical Pete, the first five minutes he only wanted to know how I was doing and how Gatsby and everyone was doing.  He sounded extremely tired and after I finished telling him all of the updates that occurred over the last two weeks he finally told me about some of the things that he has experienced over the past two weeks.  He has been literally on call 24/7 and has gotten very little sleep but was excited about the things he was learning and the "different" type of medicine he was learning and the challenges he was facing.  Even though it was such a quick conversation it made my heart so incredibly happy to finally talk to my best friend.  I am so lucky that I am married to a man that is so wonderful, loving, and strong.  I am truly giddy after just hearing his voice and I am reminded that no matter how much I try to hang pictures and organize to make my house a home, it really is just Pete that truly makes this house a home.  Here is to a good night of sleep knowing how lucky I am to be so blessed to have such a loving husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment